Posted Apr 24 2018
Are you neglecting your smile? When was your last visit to your dentist for an oral health exam and dental checkup? If it has been longer than six months, then you may very well be neglecting your oral health. Taking care of your teeth is more than just brushing and flossing. Regular dental checkups are also needed to help keep your smile healthy.
Our dentist, Dr. Michele S Tratos, cares about your oral health and is happy to give you a dental checkup. Our dental team in Las Vegas, Nevada, is excited to provide top-quality care in our office. Here are some facts on why dental checkups are essential to maintaining your oral health:
– If you are at risk for dental erosion or cavities, your dentist may recommend putting a sealant on the chewing surfaces of your teeth.
– To begin, remove tartar buildup on your teeth with a small metal tool to help scrape away any tartar that may be present.
– If you suffered any kind of accidents or damage to your teeth and gums, your dentist will talk to you about the next steps for providing oral health care treatments.
– In some cases, fluoride solutions may be applied to your teeth to prevent tooth decay.
– Through the use of a polishing compound, your dentist can help improve the look of teeth. – Your dentist will also help to floss between your teeth and clean areas you may have missed.
– In some instances, your dentist will require x-rays. X-rays require you to bite down on a piece of plastic, so the proper alignment of your teeth can be analyzed.
As you can see, dental checkups are important to keep, so you can keep your smile healthy and in tip-top shape. If you have questions about your oral health or need to see a dentist, please call the dental office of Michele S Tratos right away at 702-369-8730 to make an appointment. We are always happy to help you.